Traditional Diwali Dessert
Peda (pronounced PAY-duh)
1 14 Oz Eagle Brand Condensed Milk
1 3/4 Cup Milk Powder
1/2 Stick Butter. melted
3-4 Strands saffron and 1/2 tsp cardamom (Very traditional)
1.5 TSP Vanilla and 1/2 tsp cinnamon (fun spin on a classic)
Step by Step Instructions:
**If using saffron strands, add 3-4 strands to 3 tbsp of warm milk and let sit while you do the next steps.
1. Mix Condensed Milk, Milk Powder and melted and microwave for 3 minutes.
2. Stir for 30 seconds and microwave for an additional 3 minutes
3.Add in Saffron Cardamom OR Vanilla and cinnamon
4. Stir with a spoon and then once less hot you can knead with your hands until it comes together as a warm dough.
5. Make pingpong sized balls (or smaller) while dough is still warm.
6. Press balls to a flatter shape to with the end of a spool of thread to create a design.
See below picture for spool of thread